TheBeatles-Collection.com welcomes you!

Published May 1st, 2007 | Edit |

This is the British vinyl records collection of The Beatles. The owner of this site is sure that this site will provide lots of useful information for people interested in collecting of the Beatles vinyl. Information - is the main purpose of the site. All rights reserved copying, broadcasting and the publication of materials from this site is possible from the sanction of the owner of the site only. The collection will be always updated. Thank you very much for help to Vadim Legkovetc, Oleg Prokopov, Vladimir Morozov, Alexander Romanov, Andre Nolin, Cronverc. And many thank to all unknown to collectors for their help in creating this of this site.

Our site is not commercial. But, we know that hundreds of thousands of novice and experienced collectors enjoy our site. We are ready to help everyone. Meanwhile, hosting, site maintenance, and collection of information about old and new of Beatles vinyl records require expenditures. Therefore, we will be very grateful to you for all the support our site.

For any contact information use: 498thebeatlescollection@gmail.com


Ernest J. Day vs. Garrod & Lofthouse

Published July 15th, 2011

During the sixties, EMI used two companies to manufacture its abum covers. Approximately 90% of EMI’s covers were made and printed by Garrod & Lofthouse Ltd., which had factories in London, Manchester, Catherham, Crawley and Redhill. The remaining 10% were manufactured by Ernest J. Day & Co. Ltd. Although the initial covers for the Beatles first album, “Please Please Me”, were made by Ernest J. Day, the bulk of future printed was handled by Garrod & Lofthouse. While six of the first eight album covers were printed by both companies, the other covers were made exclusively by Garrod & Lofthouse, including the gatefold cover of “Beatles For Sale” and gatefold cover for “The White Album”. Garrod & Lofthouse also printed the inserts for “Sgt. Pepper” and “The White Album”, as well as the “Let It Be” deluxe book and box.

No Comments

No comments yet.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.